Winterboard for iOS 7 allowed us to use some pretty great-looking themes. Circulus and Space BlueBerry are both great, but a little too "fun" for me. If you want something serious, yet appealing to the eye, then M'flat is for you.
Unlike other themes, this one is not yet available on Cydia, so I'll be showing you how to manually place it on Winterboard. If you haven't already, follow our guide on how to jailbreak your iOS 7 device (it's incredibly easy), then get theming.
This theme is based off of Alexey Masalov's iOS 7 Redesign Concept and it replaces the boring look of your icons with majestic scenes and landscapes.
After jailbreaking, head into Cydia and install two things:
- Winterboard, this will allow you to apply themes to your device.
- iFile ($4.99). This allows you to transfer and edit files easily in your device. If tweaking your phone is something you're interested in, this is a small price to pay for such a great app.
On your iPhone, open the M'flat link with your Safari browser.
- Open in iFile -> Unarchiver
- Go into the M-flat-pack-master
- Tap Edit -> mark M'flat iOS 7.theme
- Click board icon (bottom right) > Copy
- Go back and browse to /private/var/stash/Themes.XXXXX
- Tap Edit -> board icon -> paste
Now, just open Winterboard, select theme, then Respring.
It may seem like a lot of work, but it's relatively easy and definitely worth the minor trouble. Make sure to add a spiffy wallpaper to get an even better affect.
If you want to take it a step further, apply the circular theme to M'flat for a truely unique look.