Apple released iOS 14.3 public beta 3 today, Wednesday, Dec. 2. The update comes three hours after Apple released 14.3 developer beta 3, and 15 days after Apple released iOS 14.3 beta 2 for developers and public beta testers. The latter introduced a change that bypasses the Shortcuts app when using a custom icon on the home screen.
Apple released this update at 1 p.m. PDT, the company's standard release time for public beta updates. At this time, it doesn't appear Apple added many user-facing features or changes to 14.3 beta 3. We'll continue to update this article with any developments we find.
iOS & iPadOS 14.3 Beta 3 Release Notes
- The iOS & iPadOS 14.3 SDK provides support to develop apps for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS & iPadOS 14.3 beta 3. The SDK comes bundled with Xcode 12.3 beta, available from Beta Software Downloads. For information on the compatibility requirements for Xcode 12.3 beta, see Xcode 12.3 Beta Release Notes.
- iPadOS 14.3 beta 3 now supports Shared iPad mode. (71392759)
Business Chat: Resolved
- You can now submit List Picker and Time Picker selections as expected. (69493375)
SKAdNetwork: Known Issues
- To receive a postback from devices running iOS 14 or later, generate signatures using signature version 2.0 or later. Version 1.0 signatures don't result in a postback on iOS 14 and later, even if the advertised app is installed and launched. (71474331)
- Sidebar icons on iPadOS now use the accent color or specified ListItemTint as expected. (63686175)
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.3 public beta 3, sign up through Apple's beta site, download and install the configuration profile, then update over the air. If you already have the profile, go to Settings –> General –> Software Update to begin the installation of the latest beta build, or you can wait until it installs automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: