If you're a beta tester, you know Apple released iOS 13.3 this week, bringing with it stability for multitasking as well as minor changes throughout the OS. It seems Apple doesn't want the rest of us to go without this critical patch, as the company releases iOS 13.2.2 today, Thursday, Nov. 7.
The new update comes amid complaints that iOS 13.2 "kills" multitasking. In effect, you might switch from one app to another, but find the initial app reloads when switching back. While app refresh isn't avoidable, you should be able to switch between multiple apps on modern iPhones without worrying about losing what you were doing. That's why 13.2.2 is so important.
This multitasking bug isn't the only issue squashed here. Apple also patched a bug that would drop cell signal after a call, and one that would drop mobile data unexpectedly. It's clear that if you want your iPhone to be more stable overall, you should download 13.2.2 as soon as possible.
You can read a full list of changes in 13.2.2 below:
Release notes for iOS 13.2.2:
iOS 13.2.2 includes bug fixes and improvements for your iPhone. This update:
- Fixes an issue that could cause apps to quit unexpectedly when running in the background
- Resolves an issue where iPhone may temporarily lose mobile signal after a call
- Addresses an issue where mobile data may temporarily not be available
- Fixes an issue that caused replies to S/MIME encrypted email messages between Exchange accounts to be unreadable
- Addresses an issue where using Kerberos single sign-on service in Safari may present an authentication prompt
- Resolves an issue where charging may be interrupted on YubiKey Lightning-powered accessories
To download iOS 13.2.2 to your device, head to Settings –> General –> Software Update. Here, follow the on-screen instructions to begin downloading and installing the software on your iOS device.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
Be the First to Comment
Share Your Thoughts