While the majority of America was watching the Super Bowl yesterday, the crew over at the evad3rs was finishing its work on their untethered iOS 6.1 jailbreak called evasi0n.
Well, the wait is finally over!
Evasi0n, which brings untethered jailbreak for devices running on iOS 6.x and powered by A5, A6 and A6X processors, has finally been released. This tool is compatible with all devices running iOS 6.0 through 6.1, including the iPod touch (4, 5), iPad (2, 3, 4), iPad Mini, iPhone (3GS, 4, 4S), and most importantly...the iPhone 5!
Before you start the jailbreak process on your iPhone 5 (and other devices), you'll need to backup your SHSH blobs for your iOS 6. It's important to save these files because then you'll be able to downgrade back to iOS 6.1 if newer firmware is released or an error happens during the jailbreak process.
If you don't save the SHSH blobs, there will be no way to get back to your original firmware.
To backup your SHSH blobs:
- Download TinyUmbrella and run the app.
- Connect your device and then select it from the upper left-hand corner of TinyUmbrella.
- Click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the following: Save ALL Available SHSH and Request SHSH From Cydia.
- Click on Save SHSH and your blob should be saved onto your computer. It will show up under Log if it is successful.
You can watch this video below for a more detailed walkthrough for saving your iOS 6.1 SHSH blobs.
Now that your SHSH blobs are saved, you'll need to do a few more things before you start the jailbreak:
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux (x86 / x86_64).
- Backup your device to iTunes (to save apps, photos, etc.).
- Disable the lock passcode (it won't allow you to jailbreak the device with it).
Jailbreaking Your iPhone 5
To start the jailbreak, you'll need to:
- Download the app specific to your device from evasi0n (If the site is lagging, you can download it from this alternative site).
- Connect your device.
- Click on Jailbreak.
- Halfway through the jailbreak process, the app will notify you to tap on the evasi0n jailbreak icon that should now be downloaded on your device.
The process will then continue, taking about 5 minutes in total. Your device will then restart (a couple of times is normal).
Your device should now be jailbroken!
Open your device, click on Cydia (the directory of applications) and see the full potential of your Apple device!
Note: Jailbreaking your device voids the warranty, so be warned!
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
I just did this...now I just need to know what apps to download
Evasi0n has been updated to 1.3 version you should use it now i think
The link for evasi0n in the article takes you to the newest version on their website.
Share Your Thoughts