Apple released the iOS 8 Gold Master build to developers shortly after their WWDC event ended on Sept. 9th, which is jam-packed with tons of new features for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. The public version comes out on Sept. 17th, but if you can't wait to test out iOS 8, you can get it right now.
If you're already running iOS 8 beta 5 (or partner-only beta 6), you won't be able to use the over-the-air "Software Update" on your device, so you'll need to get the iOS 8 GM download from the developer site and install it via iTunes.
If you're still running a version of iOS 7 on your device and don't have access to the developer site, that's okay, because there have been many leaked versions of iOS 8 GM for you to download and install. Best thing is, the GM version can be installed with no problem on any device—dev or not.
We've rounded up all the leaks for you below, and will continue updating this list as we find them. If you know of any, let us know.
Firstly, while you could easily downgrade from iOS 8 beta to iOS 7.1, the GM version is permanent. That means that your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch cannot be restored to earlier versions of iOS 8.
Secondly, as with any downloadable files on the Internet, proceed with caution. These are leaked files from the iOS developer site. We do not host any of the files listed below, so download these leaks at your own risk.
Thirdly, if you already have a beta version of iOS 8 installed on your device, Apple recommends erasing all content and settings before upgrading to the GM (12A365) version.
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533) - MEGA 1, MEGA 2, Torrent 1, Torrent 2, Torrent 3
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1518, A1528, A1530) - MEGA 1, MEGA 2, Google Drive, Torrent 1, Torrent 2, Torrent 3
- iPhone 5c (Model A1456, A1532) - Torrent 1, Torrent 2, Torrent 3
- iPhone 5c (Model A1507, A1516, A1526, A1529) - Torrent 1, Torrent 2
- iPhone 5 (Model A1428) - MEGA, Google Drive, Torrent 1, Torrent 2, Torrent 3
- iPhone 5 (Model A1429) - MEGA, Torrent 1, Torrent 2, Torrent 3, Torrent 4, Yandex Disk
- iPhone 4s - Google Drive, Torrent 1, Torrent 2, Torrent 3
- iPad Air (Model A1474) - Bayfiles, Torrent
- iPad Air (Model A1475) - Bayfiles, Torrent
- iPad Air (Model A1476) - Bayfiles, Torrent
- iPad mini (Model A1489) - Yandex Disk
- iPad mini (Model A1490) - Torrent
- iPad mini (Model A1491) - Torrent
- iPad 4 Wi-Fi (Model A1458) - Bayfiles, Torrent 1, Torrent 2
- iPad 4 (Model A1459) - Bayfiles, Torrent
- iPad 4 (Model A1460) - Torrent
- iPad mini (Model A1432) - Torrent 1, Torrent 2
- iPad mini (Model A1454) - Torrent
- iPad mini (Model A1455) - Torrent
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi - Bayfiles, Torrent
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (AT&T) - Bayfiles, Torrent
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (Verizon Wireless) - MEGA, Torrent
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi - Torrent
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A) - MEGA, Torrent
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM) - MEGA, Torrent
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA) - MEGA, Torrent
Now that you've got it downloaded, make sure to back up your device using iTunes and get ready to install the GM version. It might be best to install as a new device, but you can also choose restore if you want. Check out my guide on installing iOS 8 beta for installation instructions, but only perform Steps #9 and #10. It's the same process as with the GM build.
If you already have iOS 8 beta and plan on following Apple's recommendation, back up your iPhone with iTunes, then "Erase All Content and Settings" from Settings -> General. When your iPhone starts back up, power it down. Then enter Recovery Mode like you would if downgrading, except afterward, you'll want to option-click on "Restore" in iTunes, select the .ipsw file, and follow the directions. Then, restore from your last backup.
Okay, so you've got iOS 8 on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch... now what? Check out our guide on the best new features in iOS 8 to start playing around, or browse through our extensive library of iOS 8 tips to see all that you can do.