Apple Card is the iPhone OEM's big leap into the credit card market. Its low barrier to entry and ease of use make it an appealing option, especially for those who often pay for goods with Apple Pay. To get the best rewards possible, make sure you use the Apple Card at stores where you can get 3% cash back.
First, a quick lesson in how Apple Card's rewards work: You get 1% back when using Apple Card without Apple Pay; 2% when using the card with Apple Pay; and 3% when using the card with Apple Pay at a participating store (including, of course, Apple). That "Daily Cash" back is deposited to your Apple Cash card every day, ready to be used, or as a statement credit on your Apple Card.
Always-Updated List of Stores with 3% Cash Back
Currently, the list of retailers offering 3% Daily Cash back is a little lacking. Including Apple, there are only seven stores to claim that level of return, but even that number is somewhat inflated (Duane Reade is an NYC chain of Walgreens, and two of Uber's services are listed here). That said, Apple is adding new stores, albeit very slowly. The latest entry to this list is Nike, and we hope to see more soon.
- Apple: Applies whether you're paying for something using Apple Card with or without Apple Pay in a physical Apple Store or the web store. It also works with the App Store, Apple Music subscriptions, iTunes Store, iCloud subscriptions, Apple News+ subscriptions, Apple TV+ subscriptions, Apple iPhone payments, iPhone Upgrade Program payments, AppleCare+ payments, and other Apple products.
- Duane Reade: Applies to regular products and prescriptions purchased with Apple Card via Apple Pay on the web, in Walgreens' app, and in physical locations. You will not get 3% back with Sprint Express, Walgreens Optical, Walgreens Hearing, and independent health service providers.
- Nike: Applies when using Apple Card via Apple Pay in its US stores, Nike.com, SNKRS, Nike Training Club, Nike Running Club, and on the Nike app. However, Apple states that Nike.com on desktop will be getting Apple Pay support soon, so you can't get 3% back that way until then.
- T-Mobile: Applies to purchases and bill payments in US store locations and Business Chat using Apple Card via Apple Pay, as well as payments in T-Mobile's app and website when Apple Pay is incorporated. Unfortunately, you won't get 3% back for Authorized Retailers, only T-Mobile itself.
- Uber: Applies in the mobile and web apps when using your Apple Card via Apple Pay to get rides. However, Apple Pay is not ready yet for Uber Cash, Scheduled Rides, or JUMP, but it's coming "soon."
- Uber Eats: Applies in the mobile and web apps when using your Apple Card via Apple Pay to order food.
- Walgreens: Applies to regular products and prescriptions purchased with Apple Card via Apple Pay on the web, in Walgreens' app, and in physical locations. You will not get 3% back with Sprint Express, Walgreens Optical, Walgreens Hearing, and independent health service providers.
The sad thing is, none of the above retailers and businesses, aside from Apple, are a permanent addition to the list. Merchants may change at any time, so make sure to bookmark this list to stay up to date on the best places to get rewards.
Mother's Day Discounts
Sometimes, Apple offers limited-time promotions outside of the 3% cash back. This time, it's for Mother's Day. The following deals are in effect from April 27 through May 9:
- 1-800-Flowers - $15 off when spending $39.99 or more with code APPLEPAY.
- J.Crew - $25 off $150 or more with code APPLEPAY.
- Uncommon Goods - 15 percent off selected items with code APPLEPAY.
- Zazzle - 30% off with code APPLEPAYJAZZ.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
Be the First to Comment
Share Your Thoughts