Look Around in Apple Maps gives you a high-resolution 3D view of roads, buildings, and other imagery in an interactive 360-degree layout. We haven't had anything like this in Apple Maps since iOS 5 when Google's Street View was incorporated. Now, in iOS 13, seven years later, we have street-level views again, only better. But Look Around isn't available everywhere yet.
To activate Look Around in Apple Maps on your iPhone, look for the binoculars icon. When you tap that, you get a ground-level look at the area where you can zoom down streets, view the surroundings, see addresses and street names, get information about buildings and other structures, and navigate the roads as if you were driving or walking down them in person.
But those binos aren't everywhere. Right now, only a handful of cities have Look Around support, but Apple's been hard at work with high-res cameras and lidar systems strapped to both vehicles and people across the country to bring street views to more locations.
More cities, towns, and communities will come soon, but for now, below is a list of where Look Around works in iOS 13, as of Oct. 1, 2019. If you see a city that works that's not listed below, let us know.
- Los Angeles County (Alhambra, Arcadia, Arleta, Artesia, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Beverly Hills, Bradbury, Brentwood, Burbank, Calabasas, Canoga Park, Carson, Cerritos, Chatsworth, Claremont, Commerce, Compton, Covina, Cudahy, Culver City, Diamond Bar, Downey, Duarte, El Monte, El Segundo, Encino, Gardena, Glendale, Glendora, Granada Hills, Hawaiian Gardens, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Hidden Hills, Huntington Park, Industry, Inglewood, Irwindale, La Cañada Flintridge, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, La Puente, La Verne, Lakewood, Lake Balboa, Lake View Terrace, Lawndale, Lomita, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Lynwood, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Maywood, Mission Hills, Monrovia, Montebello, Monterey Park, Northridge, North Hollywood, Norwalk, Pacoima, Palos Verdes Estates, Panorama City, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Pomona, Porter Ranch, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Reseda, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Rosemead, San Dimas, San Fernando, San Gabriel, San Marino, Santa Fe Springs, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Sierra Madre, Signal Hill, South El Monte, South Gate, South Pasadena, Studio City, Sunland, Sun Valley, Sylmar, Tarzana, Temple City, Toluca Lake, Torrance, Tunjunga, Universal City, Van Nuys, Vernon, Walnut, West Covina, West Hollywood, Whittier, Winnetka, Woodland Hills) [Not supported yet: Augora Hills, Lancaster, Palmdale, Paramount. Santa Clarita, Westlake Village, West Hills]
- Alameda County (Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore, Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro, Union City)
- San Francisco
- San Mateo County (Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Burlingame, Colma, Daly City, East Palo Alto, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Pacifica, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Mateo, South San Francisco, Woodside)
- Santa Clara County (Campbell, Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Sunnyvale) [Not supported yet: Gilroy, Morgan Hill]
- Clark County (Henderson, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas) [Not supported yet: Boulder City, Mesquite]
- New York City (The Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens)
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out: