Apple released the iOS 14.7 RC (release candidate) today, Tuesday, July 13. The new update — and likely official 14.7 release — includes support for Apple's new MagSafe Battery Pack, adds two Apple Card Family options to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account, among other new features and changes.
Apple released this update at 10 a.m. PDT to both developers and public beta testers. While not unprecedented, this move isn't usual — Apple typically releases developer updates first, then follows up with a public beta three to 24 hours later.
You can see all the new features iOS 14.7 RC — and iOS 14.7 in general — brings to the table in the release notes below.
iOS 14.7 includes the following improvements and bug fixes for your iPhone:
- MagSafe Battery Pack support for iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max
- Apple Card Family adds the option to combine credit limits and share one co-owned account with an existing Apple Card user
- Home app adds the ability to manage timers on HomePod
- Air quality information is now available in Weather and Maps for Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain
- Podcasts library allows you to choose to see all shows or only followed shows
- Share playlist menu option missing in Apple Music
- Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback may unexpectedly stop
- Battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored
- Braille displays could show invalid information while composing Mail messages
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website:
How to Install iOS 14.7 Developer RC on Your iPhone
You'll need an Apple developer account to update your iPhone. You can get the restore image from your dev portal, then install it with iTunes or Finder. Otherwise, install the configuration profile, then update by going to Settings –> General –> Software Update. Finally, you can simply wait for it to auto-install if you have a dev profile and "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
How to Install iOS 14.7 Public RC on Your iPhone
To update your iPhone to iOS 14.7 Public RC, sign up through Apple's beta site, download and install the configuration profile, then update over the air. If you already have the profile, go to Settings –> General –> Software Update, then tap "iOS 14.6" under "Also Available" to begin the installation of the latest beta build, or you can wait until it installs automatically if "Automatic Updates" is enabled.
Keep Your Connection Secure Without a Monthly Bill. Get a lifetime subscription to VPN Unlimited for all your devices with a one-time purchase from the new Gadget Hacks Shop, and watch Hulu or Netflix without regional restrictions, increase security when browsing on public networks, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
Be the First to Comment
Share Your Thoughts